Thursday, March 22, 2012

Day Creeper - Blah 7'' (Tic Tac Totally, 2011)

Day Creeper
Blah 7''
Tic Tac Totally
2011

Rating: 7.5 orange mints out of 10

Day Creeper are from Ohio, play sloppy, jangly punk pop, and are very enjoyable live.  For some reason I keep thinking about them opening for the Dead Milkmen, cause it would somehow be a good fit.  I haven't listened to the Dead Milkmen in forever but I could probably still sing "Bitchin' Camaro" from heart.  If anyone still gave a shit about the Strokes you could kinda make a comparison, not a strong comparison mind you, but something about these creeps reminds me of those creeps.  Day Creeper are a lot more fun though, and I excitedly anticipate their full-length that will be released at some point in the future.  You know, just like every other album that hasn't come out yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment