Monday, April 24, 2017

Superchunk - Tower 7'' (Messiah Complex, 1991)

Superchunk
Tower EP
Messiah Complex
1991

Rating: 10 defeated robots out of 10

Possibly the most interesting thing about this Superchunk single is that it was only ever released on an Australian label, never on Merge or Matador.  Well, that and every song on it is awesome and classics and awesomely classic.  All of the songs were available elsewhere I believe, but surely this short player would have down well here in the States.  All tracks would definitely later be able to be found on their first singles comp "Tossing Seeds (Singles 89-91)," and since that was the first Superchunk album I ever bought it all starts making sense why I think these songs are so crucial.  If I have to pick a favorite, it's the last track "What Do I," a short blast catchy, distorted punk that has been frequently stuck in my head for over 25 years now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment