Monday, April 3, 2017

Superchunk - Mower 7'' (Merge, 1992)

Superchunk
Mower 7''
Merge
1992

Rating: 9 sharpened blades out of 10

Came across a bunch of Superchunk singles that I was missing from my collection - this is the first of that group.  Obviously, this is a Chunk classic - "Mower" is from what is widely considered one of their best records "On the Mouth," a song that is still often featured in their live sets.  Interestingly, the b-side "On the Mouth" isn't actually on the record "On the Mouth," but for my money it's one of their very best songs - probably the very best non-album track IMO.  It's entirely possible I love this band even more now in my old age than when I first heard them in high school after buying their first singles comp "Tossing Seeds" on a whim. 

No comments:

Post a Comment