Thursday, April 6, 2017

Superchunk - The Breadman 7'' (1991, Matador)

Superchunk
The Breadman 7''
1991
Matador

Rating: 10 embroidered shirts out of 10

Another Superchunk gem - the title track is still an exciting one to hear, and the band still plays it occasionally.  You can also find it on the "Tossing Seeds" compilation if you're so inclined.  The real story though is side b, "Cast Iron" - if not my very favorite Chunk song, it's at least top three.  It was also my very first favorite song of theirs, which I'm sure colors my overall ranking at least a little bit.  If "Slack Motherfucker" was that first taste that got me interested in the band, "Cast Iron" was the full shot of heroin that got me totally addicted for life.  This is the seventh physical copy of this song I've owned - this seven inch, LP/CD/cassette of "No Pocky for Kitty" (the full-length it appeared on after this single), and lastly the LP/CD/cassette of the already mentioned "Tossing Seeds" compilation.  I've not got a problem, you've a got a problem for not being as stupid about this band as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment