Friday, June 21, 2013

Yo La Tengo - Fade (Matador, 2013)

Yo La Tengo
Fade
Matador
2013

Rating: 7.5 sippy cups out of 10

I'm not sure what can or needs to be said about a new Yo La Tengo record other than it fits nicely in their oeuvre and is a pleasure to listen to.  You probably either like the band, don't like them, or have never heard of them.  Like the band?  Get this record, it's chock full of the Yo La Tengo awesomeness we all love.  Don't like this band?  You're a strange person and I wish not to associate with you.  Never heard of them?  "I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One" is my favorite, and that would be my suggested starting point.  But you're not going to go wrong starting with this newest record either.  They've had their sound down to a science for more than two decades now.

No comments:

Post a Comment