Friday, June 21, 2013

The National - Trouble Will Find Me (4AD, 2013)

The National
Trouble Will Find Me
4AD
2013

Rating: 7 buckets of sawdust out of 10

I had no intentions of writing about the new National album "Trouble Will Find Me," and I'm not sure what I'm about to write even counts as "writing about it."  It would be easy to dismiss it as just another National record because at first glance that's pretty much what it is.  But after a few listens I realized, yeah, it might sound pretty much like everything else the band has released over the last few years, but they do it really goddamn well and I always like the end results.  This is a very listenable record.  And I'm sure I might forget about it from time to time like I often do with this band, but I guarantee every time I remember to play this I will enjoy it very much.  If you're already a fan of the band you will love this.  You probably already do since it's been out a little while.  Never cared for the National?  This ain't changing your mind.  But are there actually people who dislike this or any other band and then give them a listen after a half-dozen records wondering if they've changed their mind about that band?  I doubt it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment