Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Men - Electric 7'' (Sacred Bones, 2013)

The Men
Electric 7''
Sacred Bones
2013

Rating: 7 joke camels out of 10

Highly listenable new seven inch from hot shit band The Men. It's kinda weird how different this band sounds from when I saw them a couple years ago, but I've genuinely liked all their different incarnations so...yeah.  First side "Electric" is an anxious nineties alt-rocker, a wall of guitars that is impossible not to tap your toes to, as cheesy as that sounds.  But I really like the flip side "Water Babies" the best of the two, which I would bet a thousand dollars was a Dinosaur Jr cover if I didn't know better.  Maybe a little less guitar histrionics than J Mascis, but other than that holy shit was I surprised how much the Men sounded like them here.  I could listen to these two songs over and over.  In fact, I just did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment