Thursday, February 2, 2012

Tig Notaro - Good One (Secretly Canadian, 2011)

Tig Notaro
Good One
Secretly Canadian
2011

Rating: 8 molested Mexicans out of 10

I'm not entirely sure how to review a comedy record in any sort of insightful way.  Of course, they may not differ from any of my other reviews.  I've seen Tig Notaro live a few times and on TV a few other times, and she never fails to make me laugh.  In fact, I saw her when she was on tour for this particular album just a few months back, so I heard her perform most of this material live.  She has a very dry, deadpan delivery, probably my favorite trait for a comedian to have.  The CD is hilarious, probably my second favorite of last year after Patton Oswalt's "Finest Hour."  I've listened to it a few times and there are a number of jokes that I laugh at every single time.  

Listen to Tig.  Do it now.  There, that's my insightful comedy album review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment