Tuesday, December 31, 2002

Sean Na Na - My Majesty (Frenchkiss, 2002)

Sean Na Na
My Majesty
Frenchkiss

2002

Rating: 6.5 saxophone solos out of 10 

Sean Na Na aka Sean Tillman (formerly of the short lived but somewhat popular Calvin Krime) has traded in his acoustic guitar for an electric one, hired on some lads to fill in on drums, bass, and keyboards, and made himself a pop record.  Every review I’ve seen of this so far has compared it to Cheap Trick, and I don’t think that’s far off, perhaps Cheap Trick with a hint of Beach boys, but still retaining the same witty lyrics that you’ve come to expect from Mr. Tillman.  As someone who has been a fan of this guy for a while, I was pleasantly surprised with the new and improved "rocking" version of the band, even though I really love all of the old acoustic stuff.  Definitely worth checking out for anyone who likes good pop music.  The only negative thing I can say about the album are the photographs of horses on the front and the back of the case, but that’s just because I really don’t like horses.  Other than that, a fine effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment