Monday, October 17, 2011

The Wrong Words - The Wrong Words (Trouble in Mind, 2011)

The Wrong Words
The Wrong Words
Trouble in Mind
2011

Rating: 7.5 fanciful mustaches out of 10

Power pop!  Praise be to the bands that are keeping that late seventies sound alive.  The first band I think of in this genre of modern pop performers is Gentleman Jesse & His Men, but Bay Area rockers The Wrong Words are quickly climbing their way into my heart and brain and ears and I guess the rest of my body.  Yes, even my genitals.  These guys literally rock, er pop my cock off.  Every single track is catchy as all hell and worm their way into your ear canal like one of them creepy bugs.  These songs could have been hits thirty years ago, when popular radio preferred hooks and bands like Cheap Trick were selling out huge arenas.  I might have been pretty young when that was going on, but it doesn't stop me from celebrating the current crop of pop purveyors...even if you have to dig a little harder to find it these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment