Wednesday, May 25, 2011

DJ Shadow - I Gotta Rokk (Island, 2011)


DJ Shadow
I Gotta Rokk
Island

2011


Rating:
7 friendly ghosts out of 10

FUCK YES NEW DJ SHADOW MUSIC. And more to the point, new DJ Shadow music that sounds like "old" DJ Shadow music aka it don't sound lik
e "The Outsider". Not that I hated that record, it was decent, but not the sort of music by Shadow that gets me excited. But this EP is, oh boy is it ever.

So he has a new record coming out in September, and the first three songs are all going to be on that record - call this a preview if you will, something to tide the die-hard fans over for a few months. In addition, there is a remix of each of these songs, giving you six songs total (I'm a math major, so please trust my addition), and over 35 minutes of new Shadow. He ain't getting hyphy here, there are no guest hip-hop vocals, this is straight diggin'-in-the-crates electro-rock, and it delights me so.

No comments:

Post a Comment