Friday, June 7, 2019

Pavement - Trigger Cut Plus Two 7'' (Matador, 1992)

Pavement
Trigger Cut Plus Two 7''
Matador
1992

Rating: How do you rate perfection?  Oh yeah, 10. It's a 10.

How to put into words the strength of my feelings of one of the greatest songs ever, from one of the greatest albums ever, recorded by one of the best bands ever?  Let's go with...it's pretty good.  Pavement could do no wrong for the bulk of the nineties, and if "Trigger Cut" isn't the top of the heap it's real damn close.  

And I know the b-sides here nearly as well as the title track...I'm not even sure how I know "Sue Me Jack" by heart (maybe an old mix tape?), but "So Stark (You're A Skyscraper)" was also on the bootleg "Stray Slack," which I might have as memorized as I do all of "Slanted & Enchanted."  From an era when bootlegs had real value, and I may have spent WAY too much money on a few import ones. 

For the love of god, buy this if you ever come across it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment