Sunday, June 9, 2019

Marbled Eye - EP 2 (Melters / Digital Regress, 2017)

Marbled Eye
EP 2
Melters / Digital Regress
2017

Rating: 6.5 snake aunts out of 10

I legitimately don't remember buying this Marbled Eye seven inch, even though it's clearly brand new and not just something grabbed out of a bargain bin.  It's a good thing I like it I guess!  Four songs total (two each side), I'd describe it as by-the-books Sonic Youth-inspired post punk.  Not new or original, but totally fine.  My main complaint are the vocals are too low through the entire thing, making the lead guitar feel more like the lead than the actual vocals - and maybe that was intentional, but I'm not sure it's the right choice.  There's something here though...like a baseball player that needs seasoning in the minor leagues for a couple of years, I'd like too check out what these kids are doing a couple of years from now and see how they've progressed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment