Friday, December 12, 2014

Solids - Blame Confusion (Dine Alone, 2014)

Solids
Blame Confusion
Dine Alone
2014

Rating: 7.5 annoying cats out of 10

A whole lot of what I said in the Paws review just below this one would apply to Solids - youngish kids from another country (in this case, Canada) heavily mining the nineties indie rock hooks I was raised on and continue to adore.  In other words, it almost feels as if this album was made just for me.  These cats lean fairly heavily towards the Superchunk side of the aisle, with a strong dose of ...Trail of Dead thrown in there (props to the review on Allmusic for that comparison, it was driving me crazy until I read it on there and it finally clicked in my brain).  "Off White" is especially good, as well as the title track, but there isn't a dud on here.  

Catchy indie punk, flannel shirts and beards - the nice thing about the world we live in is if you're stuck in a permanent rut like I am, eventually the trends will come around to what you've always been & loved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment