Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Superchunk - Live in NYC 7'' (Merge, 2014)

Superchunk
Live in NYC 7''
Merge
2014

Rating: 7.5 motorized questions out of 10

I got this Superchunk seven inch in my goody bag when I picked up my Merge 25 festival pass.  While I'd like to think I'm special, I'm pretty sure everyone who bought a pass got one.  This would get a thumbs up if I paid for it, and it gets a super duper thumbs up since I got it for free.  And now, out of sheer laziness, I'm going to steal the description of the release straight from the Merge website (where you can now buy a copy if you are so inclined):

On September 28, 2013, Eleanor Friedberger joined Superchunk onstage at the Bowery Ballroom in NYC to lend her vocals to covers of The Ramones’ “Oh Oh I Love Her So” and Patti Smith’s “Free Money.” Those two recordings are collected on this limited-edition 7-inch, which features cover art by Casey Burns.

No comments:

Post a Comment