Monday, June 9, 2014

The Get Up Kids / Volcano, I'm Still Excited!! - Split 7'' (Devil in the Woods, 2004)

The Get Up Kids / Volcano, I'm Still Excited!!
Split 7''
Devil in the Woods
2004

Rating: 6 grave diggers out of 10

Man I really have a lot of these Devil in the Woods records!  It's like a surprise every time I find one.  This split finds the Get Up Kids performing a "Live In The Studio" version of their song "Wouldn't Believe It," also found on their record "Guilt Show."  I was way into these guys for a while but this track is after I sorta stopped listening - it's decent enough, catchy, but can't really speak to how different (or necessary) it is compared to the album version.   

The b-side is a demo version of "Trunk of My Car" by Volcano, I'm Still Excited!!.  They only released one self-titled record and (I'm assuming) the version found there is polished and fancy.  The music is fine, typical Elephant 6-inspired pop, but the most noteworthy thing about this band is it is fronted by Mark Duplass, filmmaker and Pete from the hilarious show "The League." 

No comments:

Post a Comment