Monday, June 9, 2014

Polvo / New Radiant Storm King - Split 7'' (Penny Farthing, 1995)

Polvo / New Radiant Storm King
Split 7''
Penny Farthing
1995

Rating: 8 handwriting samples out of 10

This is actually a recent used purchase, and I can't explain the excitement I felt acquiring two vintage Polvo songs from their golden age that I'd never heard before.  Neither of their tracks would be considered hits by this band's standards, but given they sound right out of the "Celebrate the New Dark Age" / "This Eclipse" era, this shit is still gold to me. 

The flip side is two more songs, this time from New Radiant Storm King.  One of those bands I heard about for years but never got around to listening to until now.  You'd call them noise rock I guess, but there is some pop blood running through their veins.  I would have sworn they were on AmRep but their discography says I am wrong...they sorta have that vibe though.  Neither song here is groundbreaking, but I would like to give some of their full-lengths a whirl to come to a little more informed opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment