Monday, November 11, 2013

The Get-Go - Jittery 7'' (Crunchy Record Stuff, 1997)

The Get-Go
Jittery 7''
Crunchy Record Stuff
1997

Rating: 6 broken lovers out of 10

I'm not entirely sure how or when I came into possession of this record by the Get-Go.  As a person who moved from North Carolina to San Francisco, I may have been drawn to the fact that it was a San Francisco band on a small North Carolina label.  No matter I suppose.  Anyways, this is a very nineties-sounding indie pop act with both male and female vocals...sounds very reminiscent to what Teen Beat and K  and some of those labels were putting out in those days.  Title track "Jittery" is a catchy, enjoyable tune.  The flip side "Transistor Kisses" is completely forgettable - seriously, I just listened to it and have already forgotten what it sounded like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment