Monday, July 15, 2013

Zig Zags - Scavenger 7'' (Who Can You Trust, 2013)

Zig Zags
Scavenger 7''
Who Can You Trust
2013

Rating: 7 scoops of food out of 10

I don't know shit about the Zig Zags but I know this label and that was reason enough to see what the band had up their sleeves on this short player.  They're doing that stoner-psychedelic-punk thing that is so popular with the kids these days, and old dudes like me too!  Side A "Scavenger" is an upbeat scorcher, if you told me this came out in 1981 and was on one of those Killed by Death compilations I'd totally believe it, it really has the dirty vibe of most of the songs on those records. "Monster Wizard" is on the other side, and not as the front of the platter, but good.  A little slower/stonier/more psychedelic and less punk than Side A, but they both definitely sound like the same band.  Looks like I need to do some research and see what else these kids have been up to, because this is enjoyable shit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment