Monday, July 29, 2013

Camera Obscura - Desire Lines (4AD, 2013)

Camera Obscura
Desire Lines
4AD
2013

Rating: 7.5 small stars out of 10

I honestly can't imagine why Camera Obscura isn't beloved by everyone.  I can understand that bands like A Minor Forest or Saviours or Whatever Brains aren't for everybody, but when I listen to this group of Glaswegians and their perfect pop songs it boggles my mind that there are people who hear this music and think "that's terrible."  Tracyanne Campbell's vocals are amongst the best in all of music, indie or otherwise, so sweet you could mix it in your tea and fool even the most ardent Bojangle's fan (note: this reference may not make sense outside of the south...or in it for that matter).  I suppose you could dock them points since "Desire Lines" sounds more or less like everything else they've released, but I like their sound and am personally glad they haven't much wavered from it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment