Friday, July 12, 2013

Odonis Odonis - Better EP (Buzz, 2013)

Odonis Odonis
Better EP
Buzz
2013

Rating: 7.5 half drunk Molsons out of 10

The Toronto band Odonis Odonis apparently describe themselves as "industrial punk," or so the internet tells me, and I think that is a fairly accurate description. The band burns through six songs in fifteen minutes with a Ministry-meets-A-Frames fire.  The drums and bass are the good kind of repetitive and the guitars waver back and forth between surf rock riffage and complete buzzsaw action.  They really do remind me a lot of A Frames (and additionally the off-shoot, Intelligence) for the bulk of this short player.  This is a high compliment in my book, as I love A Frames as much as almost any other band in the world, and any reminder of their glory is welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment