Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Jason Lytle & Sea of Bees - Split 7'' (Crossbill, 2012)

Jason Lytle & Sea of Bees
Split 7''
Crossbill
2012

Rating: 6.5 wrong shoes out of 10

Jason Lytle covers a Sea of Bees song on the A-side, and Sea of Bees covers a Jason Lytle song on the flip.  We've seen this recipe before.  I don't know one single goddamn thing about Sea of Bees, but the cover Lytle does of their (or is it just her?) track is very reminiscent of Sparklehorse - this got my attention. I wasn't quite as excited hearing Sea of Bees perform the Lytle song, but it's not bad.  The vocals remind me of someone - maybe a little Mazzy Star, but something else I can't wrap my head around.  Wouldn't mind hearing more from this Bees outfit, cause there ain't enough here to really make your mind up.  I already know I love Lytle so recommending at least his half of the vinyl is a no brainer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment