Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Rosebuds - Love Deluxe (Self-Released, 2012)

The Rosebuds
Love Deluxe
Self-Released
2012

Rating: 8 ordinary loves out of 10

I love the Rosebuds and I love Sade.  But Ivan from the Rosebuds really really LOVES Sade, so much so that he decide to record a cover of her "Love Deluxe" album in it's entirety.  I sorta went into this from a novelty perspective, but it actually works pretty well.  It probably helps that I listened to this Sade album a lot in high school (an album I came to from skateboard videos of all things), so all of the songs are incredibly familiar.  The best part - it's free!  Maybe you're a Sade fan who doesn't know who the hell the Rosebuds are, or a Rosebuds fan wondering what the hell they are thinking, or even someone like myself who is a fan of both...it costs the same for everyone.  Grab it here

No comments:

Post a Comment