Monday, January 14, 2013

Fuzz - This Time I Got a Reason 7'' (Trouble in Mind, 2012)

Fuzz
This Time I Got a Reason 7''
Trouble in Mind
2012

Rating: 7 loud cicadas out of 10

Fuzz is a new band out of SF featuring Ty Segall and Charlie Mootheart.  At this point I've given up trying to keep up with all of Segall's releases, but with only this seven inch under their belt I can at least say I'm up-to-date on Fuzz.  This isn't a typical Ty Segall affair - like the name implies, this is distorted hard rock in the vein of Sabbath or the always underrated Blue Cheer.  Segall on drums and vocals, Charlie on guitar, the smell of bong smoke in the air.  It's nothing groundbreaking, but it's hard not to like some good stoner rock jams. 

It will be interesting to see how far the guys take this - hopefully a full length is in the works.  Knowing Segall, a half-dozen full lengths are in the works, all to be released before the summer gets here.   

No comments:

Post a Comment