Monday, November 7, 2011

M83 - Midnight City EP (Mute, 2011)

M83
Midnight City EP
Mute
2011

Rating: 4 stale caramels out of 10

As much as I hate to speak ill of one of my favorite bands going today, this releases by M83 is pretty...meh.  The song itself, "Midnight City", the first single off of their newest record, is fantastic, and that's what kicks this EP off.  The remaining four tracks are all remixes, none of which I particularly like.  The first one, by Big Black Delta, took a cheesy eighties horn riff and murdered the song with it throughout.  The next two are by Trentemoller and Man Without Country, and are completely forgettable.  The final remix is by Team Ghost, and while the best of the four, still isn't much...and makes me feel like I'm in a cough syrup-induced haze.  Just buy the full length record, which is amazing, and save this EP for the OCD completists. 

No comments:

Post a Comment