Wednesday, August 1, 2018

The Rocking Horse Winner / Electro Group - Split 7'' (Slide The Needle, 2002)

The Rocking Horse Winner / Electro Group
Split 7''
Slide The Needle
2002


Rating: 5.5 lost sisters out of 10

I grabbed this out of the bargain bin because I've enjoyed a few Electro Group songs over the years, not even realizing it was a split at first.  That means only one song by them called "Panzer Treat."  It's a decent enough track, the band continues down their path as poppy My Bloody Valentine acolytes, though the production is a little more muddled than I would like. 

The other side is a band with a terrible name I'd never heard of called Rocking Horse Winner - "Tomorrow" is Velocity Girl-ish indie pop, interesting enough when you're listening to it, but ultimately forgettable.  I think there are some Dashboard Confessional ties with one or some of the members of this group, which doesn't exactly inspire confidence that I would want to hear more from these guys/gal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment