Friday, June 16, 2017

Future Islands - The Far Field (4AD, 2017)

Future Islands
The Far Field
4AD
2017

Rating: 8 tragic publicists out of 10

My first thought was "This new Future Islands record is really good, I should write about it on my stupid website."

My second thought was "It's good, but it basically sounds exactly like everything they've released since 'In Evening Air'."

My third thought was "Who gives a shit?  Why would you be upset that they made more songs that sound like songs you already love?"

My fourth thought was "You're right, me.  Who gives a shit indeed.  This is awesome, and I'm probably going to listen to it a ton."

And then my final thought was "The last thing anyone needs is a doofus like me writing about this new Future Islands record."

No comments:

Post a Comment