Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Doug Tuttle - Peace Potato (Trouble In Mind, 2017)

Doug Tuttle
Peace Potato
Trouble In Mind
2017

Rating: 7 really thick milkshakes out of 10

Doug Tuttle was in both Mmoss and Wildildlife, two bands with misspelled names that I tried listening to over the years but they never quite got their hooks into me.  He's still stuck on intentionally misspelling names (clearly, his actual last name is Turtle), but finally I'm digging his output.  Maybe he's matured, maybe my tastes have changed, but who gives a fuck really.  Doug is doing that dreamy, soft-pop thing that many musicians attempt only to be...boring most of the time.  Tuttle isn't boring though, the songs are quite catchy and just weird/odd enough at times to keep you on your toes.  These ears hear "Wish You Were Here" era Pink Floyd, the Radar Bros, and some of Grandaddy's mellower output - your mileage may vary though.  Now I'm really kicking myself for being to lazy to go see him a few weeks back, I bet it was great...and could have been even greater if you were allowed to watch the performance laid back in a lawn chair.  This is great summertime lawn chair music.  I wish you could watch all shows laid back in a lawn chair, to be fair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment