Monday, October 3, 2016

Total Shutdown - Broadcast Performances 7'' (Life Is Abuse, 2002)

Total Shutdown
Broadcast Performances 7''
Life Is Abuse
2002

Rating: 6 sloppy chemicals out of 10

Total Shutdown were one of those Bay Area bands that my friend liked and the cool kids liked, but I could never get that excited about.  They were hardcore crossed with skronky noise rock, and better live than recorded.  Still, I bought this seven inch anyways just for the sake of nostalgia I guess.  There are six songs here, and as this plays on 45 I guess you can figure out on your own this band isn't one for long songs.  In fact, if I remember correctly 15 minutes was a long set by them.  I guess the takeaway is if you don't like a song, you'll get to hear a different one in about a minute.  

Side note - I'm impressed that a band that hasn't been active in a decade still has a working website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment