Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Belle and Sebastian - Funny Little Frog 7'' (Rough Trade, 2006)

Belle and Sebastian
Funny Little Frog 7''
Rough Trade
2006

Rating: 8 red convertibles out of 10

"Funny Little Frog" is one of the best songs/singles Belle and Sebastian have recorded in their late period*. It is not uncommon for this to be stuck in my head at any given time, or even all of the time.  The track can also be found on the album "The Life Pursuit."  The b-side, "The Eighth Station of the Cross Kebab House" sounds so much like a Madness song that I had to verify that it actually wasn't one (it's not).  In addition to here, it can also be found on their singles comp "The Third Eye Centre" as well as some charity benefit that it was originally written for.   

*The early period was everything up to and including "Fold Your Hands Child, You Walk Like A Peasant"; the late period is everything from "Dear Catastrophe Waitress" to present day.  These delineations exist only in my head because I've listened to this band so damn much.

2 comments:

  1. But what about the storytelling soundtrack, which came out between those two!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fair question, but I don't count that as a proper album! Also, it's the one I've listened to the least by a long shot and I kinda forget about it most of the time to be honest.

    ReplyDelete