Thursday, February 25, 2016

Courtney Barnett - Sometimes I Sit and Think, and Sometimes I Just Sit (Mom + Pop, 2015)

Courtney Barnett
Sometimes I Sit and Think, and Sometimes I Just Sit
Mom + Pop
2015

Rating: 8 dinging ringers out of 10

Courtney Barnett is the extremely rare example where the tastemakers that decide who gets to be popular actually picked someone making really great music, and moreover really great music that I quite like.  There are about a million reviews of this already so consider this "review" more of a "thumbs up popular media, you actually got one right!"  Also, it's almost a year old at this point and nobody gives a shit.  Additional thumbs up to Courtney's voice, because I love it when I can actually hear the accents of where they are from when they sing...or sorta sing-talk, in Courtney's case.  Even more thumbs up for the production on this record - it sounds goddamn amazing.  I'm totally out of thumbs now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment