Thursday, May 1, 2014

Mogwai / Dweeb - Split 7'' (Che Trading, 1996)

Mogwai / Dweeb
Split 7''
Che Trading
1996

Rating: 8 booted girls out of 10 (for the Mogwai song)

First things first, this record has some of the worst album art I've ever seen.  I remember thinking about not buying it at the time it was so bad, but my love of Mogwai won in the end.  Their song here "Angels vs. Aliens" would also be included in their singles comp from that era "Ten Rapid," so owning this record at this point is more for the memorabilia factor than anything.  That and "Ten Rapid" goes for way too much money on vinyl.

As for Dweeb, I'm pretty sure I never listened to this before right now, and I don't think I missed anything.  Seems like they were basically trying to rip off Bis.  Or maybe Bis ripped them off, and I have no desire to check timelines at this point.  At least the song is short (if you discount the techno ending). 

No comments:

Post a Comment