Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Warm Soda - Tell Me in a Whisper 7'' (Goodbye Boozy, 2013)

Warm Soda
Tell Me in a Whisper 7''
Goodbye Boozy
2013

Rating: 6.5 bottles of strychnine out of 10

I already mentioned this with my review of their excellent full-length, but Warm Soda are the new band featuring some former members of the the great Bare Wires.  the personnel might have changed but the music is still in the same wheelhouse - glam pop that gets a little scuzzy now and again, like T-Rex and the Strokes shacked up in the same sleeping bag together.  Both songs are pretty good but I actually prefer the b-side "This Changes Everything," it's a little more upbeat and catchy.  And I prefer the full-length to both songs, but these are still pretty good.  Definitely one of my favorite new bands this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment