Thursday, May 30, 2013

Telekinesis - Dormarion (Merge, 2013)

Telekinesis
Dormarion
Merge
2013

Rating: 7.5 shocked shells out of 10

Every time I hear a Telekinesis record I love it - such upbeat, catchy pop songs - it's been a true fact all the way from their first record through this most recent one "Dormarion."  But for whatever reason I'll then forget about the band for long stretches of time, sometimes all the way until a new record comes out...and it will start all over again, loving the music and wondering why I don't listen more often.  Perhaps my listening habits with this band are related to my inability to come up with anything to really say about other than "good, catchy pop songs," because I'm also at a loss in this category.  "Emphatic People," "Wires," and especially "Dark to Light" are the top tracks, but the entire record from start to finish is highly listenable and recommended. 

No comments:

Post a Comment