Friday, January 20, 2012

Jeff the Brotherhood - Whatever I Want 7'' (Third Man, 2011)

Jeff the Brotherhood
Whatever I Want 7''
Third Man
2011

Rating: 8 harmonic convergences out of 10

Jeff the Brotherhood are easily one of my favorite things going right now.  And I really didn't feel this way until I got to see them play live a couple of times, and then those shows inspiring me to listen to their recorded material a little more closely.  

I've reviewed a few seven inches on here, but let's be honest, most of these reviews are based off of MP3s and not actually owning the seven inches.  I'll be making a point of purchasing this mini slab though, as both sides kill.  The A side is six minute long jammer called "Whatever I Want", and outside of the added in organ in the middle of the track, conveys their live feeling pretty well.  The flip is "Everything I Need", a cover originally performed by Tiger B. Smith according to the Third Man Records' website.  Never heard of the dude or the song, but it's both catchy and rockin' and both of those things are alright with me.  Definitely recommended. 

No comments:

Post a Comment