Thursday, December 31, 2009

The King Khan & BBQ Show - Invisible Girl (In The Red, 2009)


The King Khan & BBQ Show
Invisible Girl
In The Red
2009

Rating:
6 Canadian turbans out of 10

As much as I love King Khan, BBQ, and the King Khan & BBQ Show, this is not their best effort. And I think I blame King Khan mostly - his barely contained insanity seems to completely overwhelm most of the songs outside of "I'll Be Loving You". Either that or there just aren't enough songs where BBQ is allowed to let his outstanding voice shine. Still, even a mediocre album by this duo is worth checking out. "Lonely Boy" is a nice butt-shakin' rocker and "Animal Party" is a goof but pretty fun; but I'm perfectly fine with never hearing "Tastebuds" again...I'm no prude but a song about taste buds on your penis is just...gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment