Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Notwist - The Devil, You + Me (Domino, 2008)


The Notwist
The Devil, You + Me
Domino
2008

Rating:
9 electrorock Germans out of 10

The last record the Notwist released was “Neon Golden” in early 2003 (though most everyone was actually listening to the European import of the album for a good chunk of 2002). That was a perfect record – one of my favorite records of all time, easily. I have hemmed and hawed for years, waiting for that next record; and while I'm not happy it took this long, “The Devil, You + Me” is about as perfect a follow-up album to that masterpiece as anyone could hope for. Not a bad track in the bunch – in fact, it would be tough picking out a favorite song as there were so many worthy recipients. Their unique electro-glitchy-indie-pop sound is still there in spades, though somehow lusher and more full, and I'm not sure I would have thought that possible for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment