Thursday, November 3, 2016

Belle and Sebastian - The Blues Are Still Blue 7'' (Rough Trade, 2006)

Belle and Sebastian
The Blues Are Still Blue 7''
Rough Trade
2006

Rating: 7 hillbilly pot farms out of 10

Not my favorite Belle and Sebastian single, but worth having nonetheless.  Fittingly, this is on blue vinyl.  The title song can also be found on "The Life Pursuit" - I wasn't super into this song at first, or really this album, but it has grown on me quite a bit over the years.  The other side, "Whiskey in the Jar," feels more like an idea for a song than a fully fleshed out one.  Not terrible, just not really anything.  It was never included in any of their b-sides comps, and I've never heard it live, so I'm guessing the band isn't nuts about it either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment