Wednesday, October 28, 2015

The Dodos - Individ (Polyvinyl, 2015)

The Dodos
Individ
Polyvinyl
2015

Rating: 7 synaptic trees out of 10

I'm pretty sure everyone has a band or bands that fall into this category - every time you hear them you love their music, and yet you rarely ever listen to them..and you have no idea why.  That's where I've always been with the Dodos.  I'm listening to this record, "Individ," as I type this, and it sounds fantastic - every song is strong, very catchy and should be something I revisit frequently.  "The Tide" and "Goodbyes and Endings" are especially noteworthy, both heavily driven by the drums (not uncommon with this band) but held together by the vocals of Meric Long.  But if my past history is any indicator, I'll forget about this record nearly as soon as I stop listening to it...likely forgotten until the Dodos' next release, when I have this exact same revelation.  Sorry Dodos, you deserve better because you're definitely holding up your end of the bargain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment