Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Unwound - Rat Conspiracy (Numero Group, 2014)

Unwound
Rat Conspiracy
Numero Group
2014

Rating: 9 sad dolls out of 10

Unwound was a criminally underrated noise punk band that existed in the nineties and early oughts.  They made a few of my very favorite records of all time, and one of those records is a part of this collection "Rat Conspiracy."  As stoked as I am Numero Group is reissuing these near-perfect records on vinyl, I really wish they were being done individually instead of grouped together as we have here.  "Rat Conspiracy" is actually three different releases - their first record "Fake Train," their second record "New Plastic Ideas," and a collection b-sides/demos/rarities from that era.  "New Plastic Ideas" is a must have, and while the other parts are totally great I wish I could just buy that record right away and maybe come back to the other parts later.  Honestly, this isn't one of my shitty reviews as much as it is notice that this release exists, and for me to bitch about it not being to my liking.  Here's to hoping they continue though, regardless of approach, because I need vinyl copies of "Repitition" and "Leaves Turn Inside You" in the worst way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment