Thursday, January 22, 2004

Weezer - Blue Album (Geffen, 2004)

Weezer
Blue Album (Deluxe Edition)
Geffen

2004

Rating: 10 pocket pistols out of 10
 
I suppose a review of this is sorta silly, really; I figure pretty much everyone has heard this record at this point, and you’ve already made up your mind about whether you like Weezer or not. This deluxe edition release is a 2 disc affair, the first being a re-mastered version of the Blue Album, their debut. It sounds great, but if this is all there was to it, I wouldn’t necessarily recommend the purchase. The hook is in the second disc, which compiles hard to find early tracks, demos, and live material; if nothing else, having easy access to “Suzanne” and “Mykel and Carli” make this purchase a must for any Weezer fan.  For me, this is a perfect record, one of my all-time favorites.  

No comments:

Post a Comment