Friday, October 26, 2012

Divine Fits - A Thing Called Divine Fits (Merge, 2012)

Divine Fits
A Thing Called Divine Fits
Merge
2012

Rating: 7.5 bloody sheds out of 10

Divine Fits, "super group," blah blah blah.  I guess anytime you get people from established bands doing a new thing together, the label gets dropped.  I don't even know that it's a bad thing or a good thing, it's just...a thing.  But when you have two people with very distinctive & well known voices handling all of the vocals - in this case Britt Daniel from Spoon and Dan Boeckner from Handsome Furs & Wolf Parade - it honestly doesn't even feel like a "group," more like a compilation of unheard Spoon and Handsome Furs songs.  I'm not even complaining about that, as I love both bands, but anyone coming into this project looking for something new or different is going to be disappointed.  I expect this will get a lot of plays out of me though, my love of the Handsome Furs allowing me to pretend this is a new album by them and they didn't really break up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment