Sunday, August 14, 2011

Pinback - Information Retrieved Pt. A (Temporary Residence, 2011)


Pinback
Information Retrieved Pt. A

Temporary Residence

2011


Rating: 6 broken hard drives out of 10

I like the music Pinback makes, but I'd be hard pressed to tell most of it apart. It's a strange thing, how sometimes it's fine for a band to just keep doing the same thing over and over, and it's annoying with others. For whatever reason, Pinback is borderline irritating in this regard. I think I just expect more from them, for reasons that are lost on me. They're a band that works great on a mix but struggle to hold your attention for a whole album. With all that said, these songs are still decent enough though, especially the first track “Sherman”. Sounds a lot like Pinback.  Also, this was a Record Store Day release for 2011, for those keeping score at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment