Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Best Coast / Jeff the Brotherhood - Split 7" (Infinity Cat, 2011)


Best Coast / Jeff the Brotherhood
Split 7"
Infinity Cat
2011

Rating: 7.5 out of 10 for Best Coast, 6.5 out of 10 for Jeff the Brotherhood

Another incredibly catchy pop song from Best Coast. They always make me want to sing along to their songs, even when I listen to them for the first time and don't know the lyrics and have to make shit up. Their fans will not be disappointed in their contribution here.

As for Jeff the Brotherhood - I'd never even head of them before checking out this platter. It's good though, very mid-nineties fuzzed out alterna-pop...I'd probably compare them to Pavement a little bit, though the vocals are set back in the mix a quite bit more than Stephen Malkmus ever was. Looks like they've released a ton of material (almost all of sold out), so I may have to let the internet find me some more of their music to see how this song measures up to the rest of their catalog.

No comments:

Post a Comment